搜索

根深蒂固的纽马克特家族已传承至 5 代

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-4-17 17:06:15|来自:加拿大 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Five generations under one roof: from left to right, Margaret Davis, the soon-to-be 102-year-old great-great-grandmother; Monica Burling, the grandmother at 56; Bridget Mihalik, the 26-year-old new mother; and Heather Burling, the great-grandmother at 80, all beam with radiant smiles upon the arrival of baby William, born on April 8 at Humber River Hospital in Toronto.By Meredith Burling photo
The serendipitous timing of baby William's arrival, coinciding with the solar eclipse at 3:53 p.m. on April 8, added a touch of celestial magic to the rare moment of generational connection.

The generational lineage shines with joy as the esteemed Newmarket-rooted family welcomes William David Andrew Mihalik into the world, ushering in a fifth generation of love and laughter.

“This is really a miracle to me now,” said Margaret “Chiefy” Davis, the proud matriarch who is turning 102 on June 24. “I've been looking forward to it for quite a while.”

“I thought it was a terrific-looking baby. He looked so tiny and I noticed his little hands,” said the great-great-grandmother, recounting her first sight of the baby marvelling at the angelic hands and the potential they hold.

“I used to look at a book on palmistry that reads into your life line. Here all the little lines are already in his hands, life line, heart line and all.”

Newmarket Hall of Famer Margaret Davis delivers a speech at her 100th birthday party at the Old Town Hall, while her daughter Heather Burling looks on from behind. June 25, 2022.

By Yoyo Yan Metroland

The conversation naturally turned to baby William’s family resemblance to his ancestors.

“They're all busy trying to find out the family resemblance. Everybody's trying to own up to it,” Margaret’s daughter, Heather Burling, reminisced while expressing her awe at witnessing the beauty of new life.

“Robert, the father, was saying, look at how strong his feet look; look at his muscles; look at how long he is. He's going to be nice and tall. Just interesting to hear the comments.”

“We're all hoping that the baby will have some revealing characteristics on one of us. But he's just too little yet,” said the 80-year-old great-grandmother.

“Well, I was hoping the baby wouldn't get my nose,” joked Margaret, sparking laughter around the room. “Over a hundred some years, I haven't worried about it too much.”

Newmarket Hall of Famer Margaret Davis celebrates her 100th birthday at the Old Town Hall. June 25, 2022.

By Yoyo Yan Metroland

Margaret resides at a heritage house in historic Newmarket alongside her daughter Heather and son-in-law Keith Burling.

Her grandson David and wife Monica now run the family business, Keith Davis Engravers & Awards, which has been serving the community as a third-generation trophy and awards shop since 1953.

On the other side of baby William’s family is a Hungarian lineage that owns Tom’s Place, a renowned menswear store nestled in Toronto’s Kensington Market since 1958.

Margaret's family tree flourishes with two daughters, four grandchildren and six adoring great-grandchildren, with the latest addition being a precious great-great-grandchild, and more joyous arrivals anticipated in the near future.

“The gang and the state,” as sharp-witted Margaret put it, comprises 19 family members and will add two more in August.

Bridget Mihalik, the 26-year-old mother of baby William, has a sister named Meredith who captured the picture of five generations. Meredith is expecting twins in August.

Pull Quote“I've been a good girl. I've never tasted alcohol in my life.”

When asked about her secrets to a long life, Margaret responded, “I've been a good girl. I've never tasted alcohol in my life.” However, she noted that people quickly lost interest upon hearing that.

She peruses newspapers in the morning, crafts her own lunch at noon, and unwinds with sports in the evening.

Will the centenarian set her mind on the sixth generation? “I've done the math,” she chuckled.

来源链接:
https://www.toronto.com/news/baby-makes-5-deep-rooted-newmarket-family-flourishes-into-five-generations/article_af1d9836-9b01-5d23-85cb-d3cad55bfbe3.html

快速回帖

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

精选推荐

联系客服 关注微信 返回顶部 返回列表